scare-ah asked: R, D, and I
D: Dream print?
I’d love for JetJ to do a unicorn screen print, maybe like of the unicorn tapestries (with no random clip art!!) or AP a ‘Last Unicorn’ style illustration print.
I: Do you ever think you went through an “ita” phase? Describe.
LOL yes. When I first got into lolita, the egl LJ community had a lot of crossover with “Little Big Girls” - a group of diy eBay sellers like Shrinkle and Limecrime that sold a lot of babydoll dresses and really short lacy skirts and corsets. At that time, it was super difficult to buy lolita (you had to either go to Japan yourself or know someone that could buy you things) and not really a lot of guidance as to dressing, so most people, myself included threw, together some badly sewing and hot-glued lacy short complete messes. How embarrassing.
R: Rate these brands from your favorite to least favorite: Angelic Pretty, BtSSB, A&tP, Innocent World, Bodyline, and Metamorphose!
Least favorite: Bodyline
Of the others it’s really hard to say! They all have good points and bad points.
AP - I am quite fond of some older AP pieces (Puppet Circus, Carnival Applique) and they have done recent releases that I like. However, I’m starting to find a lot of what they produce to be a bit cutesy for my liking, and I don’t like that a lot of their dresses are getting shorter.
BtSSB - Many of their releases look too similar or are too cutesy or “mild”. I dislike the rough textured fabric. Usakumya is creepy. Their angel, floral, and historical themes are usually nice.
A&tP: Prints are almost always amazing, but dress designs/cuts are weird. Also dislike the rough textured fabric.
Innocent World: IW has been killing it with good print these last couple months. I don’t own a lot from them. Most pieces don’t have lining + tulle like AP/BtSSB.
Metamorphose: Is really hit or miss in terms of designs. Some are awful and some are beautiful. Usually I wait too long to buy something of theirs and it sells out. Love their old school floral/gobelin pieces.
- A: Do you own anything from Angelic Pretty?
- B: Do you prefer Baby the Stars Shine Bright or Alice and the Pirates?
- C: Cutest accessory you own?
- D: Dream print?
- E: Do you put together coords for various holidays? What’s your favorite?
- F: Do you have any lolita friends?
- G: Gothic or sweet lolita?
- H: How do you deal with getting “weird looks” because you’re dressed differently?
- I: Do you think you ever went through an “ita” phase? Describe.
- J: Take a picture of all your lolita jewelry!
- K: Are there any other styles that you like, such as fairy kei, etc?
- L: Are you lifestyle lolita? Do you wish to be one day?
- M: Do you watch anime or read manga?
- N: Favorite new 2013 print?
- O: OPs, skirts, or JSKs?
- P: Favorite place to go while dressed in lolita?
- Q: Create your own question!
- R: Rate these brands from your favorite to least favorite: Angelic Pretty, Btssb, A&P, Innocent World, Bodyline, and Metamorphose!
- S: Do you think Sugary Carnival is cute, or overrated?
- T: Favorite flavor of tea?
- U: Cute underwear or bloomers?
- V: Do you like to wear vests or cardigans?
- W: Take a picture of your lolita wardrobe!
- X: What’s the worst print or dress you’ve seen?
- Y: Upload a picture of yourself in lolita.
- Z: What do you love most about lolita fashion?